bb7 is looking for a Sr. Electrical Engineer to join our product development team in Madison, WI. The Sr. Electrical Engineer will work with our software & electrical engineering team, project managers, and clients on world-class medical devices and consumer products.
- Design and develop products within a multi-tasking product development environment utilizing both analog and digital electronics, embedded software, and some FPGA development.
- Primary responsibilities include designing, prototyping, and testing electronics for fast paced product development programs
- Development of system architecture, schematic diagrams, assist with PCB layout, and supporting documentation
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering equivalent degree required
- 5+ years of experience in electrical engineering
- Analog and digital design
- Embedded software programming
- Strong basic electronics lab skills
- Proven track-record of success in a multidisciplinary, team-based environment
- Experience working cross-functionally with mechanical engineering, industrial design, test engineering, etc.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Highly motivated self-starter who can manage multiple priorities
- 10+ years of experience in electrical/computer engineering
- Knowledgeable with FDA, UL, CE, or CSA regulatory requirements
- Medical device design
- Consumer product design
- Altium Designer software
- LabView software
- FPGA design experience (VHDL)
- Experience in product development from concept to product launch
- Project management skills
bb7 provides a competitive salary, benefits package, and 401(k) options. We offer a culture that values its talented staff members and rewards creativity. We understand that the quality of our staff’s lives is reflected in the quality of their work.
Your Big Idea Just Got Real
bb7 is a comprehensive design and product development firm with a rich history in innovation and testing. The b’s in bb7 come from Bjorksten Labs (founded in 1944) and BIT 7 (founded in 1992), which merged in 2000 to form bb7. Since then we’ve united pioneering research with excellence in engineering and design, testing and product commercialization.
bb7 believes in a comprehensive, holistic approach to product development. That’s why we have so many capabilities under one roof (research, design, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, systems engineering, software development, prototyping, product/material testing, and commercialization.) Our teams have worked on subatomic particle research equipment in Antarctica, integrated Nobel Prize-winning technology into a medical device, and transformed a major consumer category with disruptive new technology.
apply herebb7 and its Clients are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, disability, age, membership in an employee organization, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. We participate in E-Verify.