bb7 is looking for an exceptional Reliability Engineer who will focus on Design-for-Reliability activities for our client, a medical device company located in the Detroit, MI area.
- Analyze usage and environmental conditions from the field in order to improve requirement setting and testing methods
- Influence reliability early in the design process by facilitating DFMEAs and participating in design reviews
- Specify reliability risk and validation plans for components and subsystems using a physics of failure approach
- Provide guidance on sample size requirements and durations for reliability testing using reliability statistics
- Facilitate failure analysis to understand root cause and drive resolution of failures occurring during product development
- Assess and clearly communicate risk at each phase of the reliability program
- Research failure mechanisms to build more robust validation plans and influence design choices
- Influence supplier selection for higher reliability and provide clear guidance on reliability requirements and demonstration to suppliers
- Apply lessons learned from previous designs to new products
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Science, or Statistics required with at least 5 years of reliability engineering experience
- Understanding of accelerated testing methods, governing equations, and physics of failure for different failure mechanisms
- Experience facilitating FMEAs and leading cross functional teams
- Working knowledge of coding language, preferably Python, C++
- Working knowledge of applied statistics and reliability statistics is a plus, including Weilbull Analysis
bb7 and its Clients are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, disability, age, membership in an employee organization, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. We participate in E-Verify.