bb7 is looking for an experienced R&D Technician for one of its clients, a leading manufacturer of mobility products. This person will expedite the development of new products, components and processes in the field of durable medical/mobility products. Work with engineers, designers, machine operators and other team personnel to measure in 3D prototypes; accumulate and compile test data for analysis. Incorporate changes and solutions indicated by test results as directed. Create routines for inspecting products utilizing SolidWorks and PolyWorks inspector software.
This is an opportunity to setup a state of the art, real-time production inspection process.
- Use portable arm based laser scan system with PolyWorks inspection and SolidWorks software
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, specifications, process standards, working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Develop measuring techniques and perform measurements on new products
- Analyze the collected data about the CAD geometry and maintain project documentation
- Communicate issues based on data collection to engineers, machine operators, and plant and quality personnel
- Collaborate with engineers and technicians to optimize products and their measuring techniques
- Develop 3D measuring fixtures and create operation instructions with illustrations
- Associate’s Degree in design or quality and 3+ years programming and conducting dimensional inspections using PolyWorks and SolidWorks software
- Possess skills related to CAD import/export of file formats supported by these software programs, laser measuring systems, standard precision measuring equipment, visual inspection techniques, basic ship math, geometry and trigonometry
- Experience with Geometric Design-X software desired
- Read and interpret documents such as sketches, prints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Demonstrate creativity and critical thinking while performing responsibilities
- Perform detail written documentation and correspondence
- Professionally communicate one-on-one and in groups
- Ability to perform basic tasks using Microsoft Office
bb7 offers a culture that values its talented staff members and rewards creativity. We understand that the quality of our staff’s lives is reflected in the quality of their work.
bb7 and its Clients are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, disability, age, membership in an employee organization, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. We participate in E-Verify.