bb7 is looking for a Test Engineer for our medical device client in Waukesha, WI. This position is a 6 month contract to start and involves breaking down an existing test process into smaller pieces, reducing the overall testing cycle time. The Test Engineer needs to have a good technical engineering understanding, strong communication skills (written and oral), and have the ability to work across multiple departments (design engineering, manufacturing engineering, and quality). He/she also needs to be driven and self-directed.
After determining a more effective way of testing the product, the Test Engineer will implement the changes including documenting the change, driving engineering change orders, documenting test system/fixturing and creating and executing qualification documentation.
- Test requirements updates
- Qualify test procedures and create new documentation
- Engineering change requests
- Mechanical and electrical assembly work
- Create new and modify existing test fixtures with the goal of reducing overall testing time
- Parts ordering and receiving
- Bill of material maintenance (edits and corrections)
- Hardware schematics maintenance (edits and corrections)
- Software and hardware testing/troubleshooting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology required
- 3+ years of test engineering experience in the medical device industry required
- Experience using LabVIEW and TestStand and Linux operating system
- Demonstrated skills in verification and validation
- Experience in test system development lifecycle, qualification of equipment, and test procedures
bb7 and its Clients are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, disability, age, membership in an employee organization, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. We participate in E-Verify.