bb7 is looking for a Project Engineer to manage, oversee and implement product maintenance and sustaining projects for our client, a producer of high-volume consumer goods. The Project Engineer will work closely with the Product Engineering Manager to guide projects through internal processes and coordinate product and packaging design and equipment qualification with vendors and manufacturers.
- Manage primary and secondary packaging for various types of liquids, creams, gels, suspensions, foams and lotions
- Plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate the technical and management aspects of projects, including working with internal personnel (Marketing, Quality, Purchasing, and Accounting) as well as external vendors.
- Ensure projects are kept on time and on budget within manufacturing constraints and marketing inputs
- Direct product package development with suppliers of components, including direct interface with suppliers and manufacturers
- Direct package component qualification from specification approval and the protocol drafting through to the initiation of component testing and interpretation of results
- Utilize CAD and other software programs to create timely, complete and accurate specifications
- Coordinate the development of packaging and graphic design with the Creative Services and Marketing departments
- Interface with the cost accounting department and purchasing department to verify cost accuracy for relating to projects involving product or packaging and process changes
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Packaging or Manufacturing) required
- 5-7 years’ Project Management experience (PMP certification preferred)
- Experience developing new liquid products and packaging (rinses, pastes, gels, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft Project or other project management tool
- Familiar with liquid manufacturing processes (compounding, filling, etc.)
- Knowledge of testing procedures and processes
- Solid Works or Pro E required, experience with AutoCAD preferred
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience writing design verification procedures, test methods, and performing DFMEA
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – able to effectively present ideas and work with both internal and external stakeholders
- Technical skills in manufacturing processes and methods including assembly and production equipment
bb7 and its Clients are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, disability, age, membership in an employee organization, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. We participate in E-Verify.