Due to our recent growth and success, bb7 is looking to add an Electrical Engineer/Project Manager to our team in Madison, WI. The Electrical Engineer/Project Manager will be responsible for meeting with clients, writing proposals, and keeping projects on time and within budget.
- Manage many diverse product development projects, from initial presentation of technical capabilities to prospective clients through formal presentation of results
- Planning, estimating, scheduling, conducting, and coordinating the technical and management aspects of projects
- Successful completion of consumer electronics projects on-time and within the proposed budget
- Review and take responsibility for project documentation, as needed, for assigned projects prior to release to our clients
- Develop, communicate, and implement various strategies and corrective actions to keep the project on target
- Ensure all project level risks are identified and correctly managed
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required (Electrical or Software strongly preferred)
- 3+ years of experience managing projects and cross-functional teams, writing proposals, and planning/scheduling/budgeting projects; 5-10 years of experience preferred
- 5+ years of experience working in a multidisciplinary, fast-paced, team-based environment including experience managing cross-functional project teams (mechanical and electrical engineering, industrial design, test engineering, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience with FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods), consumer electronics packaging, international safety standards (IEC, UL, CSA, RoHS, REACH, WEEE, JIS), transitioning product designs to Chinese manufacturing
- Experience utilizing project management software preferred
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills with the ability to clearly present technical ideas to a general audience
- Willingness to travel internationally up to 25% required
bb7 and its Clients are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, disability, age, membership in an employee organization, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. We participate in E-Verify.