Due to our recent growth, bb7 is looking for a Materials Engineer to join our Materials Science and Advanced Testing team at our facility in Madison, WI.
- Perform materials analysis on a wide range of sample types utilizing multiple techniques and instrumentation
- Assist in the execution of tests and evaluation plans using basic scientific, technical, and innovation principles and techniques
- Work on the development of new test procedures around novel products, processes, or materials
- Execute material selection for components in end products
- Work with suppliers, customers and manufacturing/development team in the development of materials for products including procurement of materials and equipment
- Perform failure/root cause analysis on field returns related to materials or materials processing
- Conduct in depth research into emerging materials and technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Material Science or related field plus 3-5 years of related materials science experience required
- Master’s Degree in Material Science with a concentration in polymers preferred
- Preferred experience with analytical testing such as Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy, Thermo-Gravimetric Analysis, Differential Scanning Calorimetry, Microscopy
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation and planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning)
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
bb7 provides a competitive salary, benefits package, and 401(k) options. We offer a culture that values its talented staff members and rewards creativity. We understand that the quality of our staff’s lives is reflected in the quality of their work.
Submit Resumebb7 and its Clients are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, disability, age, membership in an employee organization, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. We participate in E-Verify.