bb7 is looking for an outstanding and experienced Supplier Development Engineer with extensive knowledge in manufacturing production processes. In this new and unique role, the ideal candidate would not be in a factory setting doing traditional manufacturing engineering work, but using their broad experience to influence design, and then work with our partners domestically or internationally on product launch activities. The ideal candidate thrives in an environment of innovation and has a passion for developing high quality products and processes.
- Evaluate manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly processes, equipment, tooling, materials and components. Recommend optimum manufacturing methods for given product designs.
- Work with the design team to assist in creation of new products, work processes, and any other manufacturing needs. Recommend product design ideas to optimize design for manufacturing.
- Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve products or reduce costs.
- Maintain knowledge of new production methods, processes and technologies to keep company in forefront of process possibilities.
- Prepares product and process report by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Evaluate, recommend and develop new manufacturing supply sources or partners and be the conduit between the company and the supplier.
- Develop positive relationships and work closely with key supply sources or partners. Manage, implement and track engineering, design, changes, capacity studies. Provide support for new product startups.
- Assist supplier or partners in troubleshooting product and processing during launch activities. Work directly with bb7 customers, bb7 team members and manufacturing suppliers or partners.
- Work with suppliers or partners domestically or internationally as needed. (Great opportunity for international travel).
- Maintain excellent program management practices and effectively manage program specifications, schedules, budgets, and resources.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering from an accredited institution required
- 6-10 years of relevant experience working in a manufacturing environment with strong knowledge of Continuous Improvement approaches
- Knowledge or experience of a broad range of manufacturing processes
- Understanding of flexible circuits/circuit boards/electronics
- Material science knowledge
- Experience in automation/robotics
- Solid project management skills
- Proficient in SolidWorks and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of LEAN manufacturing tools (6-sigma, takt, Kanban, single piece flow, poke yoke, SMED, FMEA)
- Knowledge of quality systems and their tools – 8D, DOE, fishbone, etc.
- Ability to apply statistical concepts to data analysis
- Experience working closely with North American and Asian suppliers
- Ability to collaborate with suppliers or partners and drive issues to resolution
- Ability to travel (domestic and international) 25-40% of the time
- Ability to define problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Passion for failure analysis and problem solving
- Effectively communicate issues and ideas with peers and management
- Build effective working relationships throughout the organization
- Operate within a tight deadline environment
- Willingness to work flexible hours as needed
bb7 provides a competitive salary, benefits package, and 401(k) options. We offer a culture that values its talented staff members and rewards creativity. We understand that the quality of our staff’s lives is reflected in the quality of their work.
Submit Resumebb7 and its Clients are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, disability, age, membership in an employee organization, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. We participate in E-Verify.