bb7 is looking for a top performing Manufacturing Engineer to develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods with our clients and vendors with the goal of getting the best quality product with the highest efficiency and lowest cost possible.
- Evaluate manufacturing processes and improves efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout
- Develop project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with management
- Determine project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates
- Study project plan and specifications to determine project schedule; calculate time requirements and sequence project elements
- Maintain project schedule by monitoring project process, coordinating activities, and resolving problems
- Control project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes and recommend actions
- Control project costs by approving expenditures; administering contractor contracts
- Participate with product engineering to design parts for manufacturability
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution required
- 6-10 years of relevant experience working in a manufacturing environment with strong knowledge of Continuous Improvement approaches
- Solid project management skills
- Working knowledge of quality systems and their tools – 8D, DOE, fishbone, etc.
- Passion for failure analysis and problem solving
- Proficient in SolidWorks and Microsoft Office
- Experienced in collaborating with vendors and suppliers to resolve issues
- Comfortable applying statistical concepts to data analysis
- Ability to think creatively and proactively propose solutions with an attention to detail
- Effectively communicate issues and ideas with peers and management and build effective working relationships
- Operate within a tight deadline environment and be willing to work flexible hours to troubleshoot problems
- Ability to travel (domestic and international) 25-40% of the time
- Experience working closely with Asian suppliers and experience with Asian manufacturing ideal
- Must be authorized to lawfully work in the United States
- High volume manufacturing experience
- Understanding of flexible circuits/circuit boards/electronics
- Material science knowledge
- Experience in automation/robotics
- Knowledge of LEAN manufacturing tools (6-sigma, takt, Kanban, single piece flow, poke yoke, SMED, FMEA)
bb7 provides a competitive salary, benefits package, and 401(k) options. We offer a culture that values its talented staff members and rewards creativity. We understand that the quality of our staff’s lives is reflected in the quality of their work.
Submit Resumebb7 and its Clients are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, disability, age, membership in an employee organization, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. We participate in E-Verify.