bb7 is looking for a Project Engineer to work with one of our clients, a leader in the commercial cooking solutions industry, to guide the overall design of product or product change and expedite the implementation.
- Responsible for creating design specifications (component, sub-system, and system specs which may require soliciting data from service, sales, and operations), concept analysis, benchmark reports, DMFAs, technology assessments, test plans, mathematical design models, engineering reports, cost estimates, and engineering project plans
- Concept generation, selection, and stakeholder validation
- Modeling the mathematical relationships between key design factors and critical technical responses through theoretical and empirical methodology analysis
- Analytically predict potential failures, designing for reliability, robustness and
- Qualify the design performance, reliability, robustness and acceptance to regulatory standards through test plans and statistical analysis
- Effectively document and report key learning for a wide range of technical and nontechnical recipients
- Must lead new product development process and take ownership of project schedule (includes plans for experimentation, qualification tests, filed test units, lab builds, and pilot builds)
- Ensure the design of critical/long lead-time components progress without delaying the project schedule
- Collaborate with Electrical/Software engineers on product functions/interfaces
- Mediate the product design as the lead design engineer through guidance of the
engineering and product team as needed. Provide reporting for management and
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar required. Master’s degree
- 7+ years’ experience in a new product development engineering environment
- Proficient in cooking/combustion/gas/heat transfer/material technologies. Experience in the food service equipment industry strongly preferred.
- Excellent documentation skills and oral communication skills
- Strong technical and analytical ability to troubleshoot electro-mechanical products
- Possess leadership skills to be able to identify bottlenecks in the development workflow and implement corrective actions
- Ethical leader who executes with urgency, quality, and commitment to the customer
bb7 and its Clients are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, disability, age, membership in an employee organization, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. We participate in E-Verify.