bb7 is looking for a Software Engineering Manager to lead the design, development, documentation and verification of software for our client projects.
- Plan, schedule and coordinate software development activities of team members
- Contribute to architecture design of software-controlled systems
- Translate user needs, product requirements and quality system requirements into software specifications
- Document software designs and create design control documents
- Integrate software with prototype and pre-production units
- Plan and execute unit and verification testing at module/unit and system levels
- Troubleshoot system issues and failures, determine root cause and work with cross functional teams to correct
- Determine staffing needs, participate in interviews and make hiring recommendations
- Provide leadership to software team by participating in employee reviews, provide coaching and mentoring to staff, resolve conflicts and communication problems, proactively support employee development initiatives, and promote cross-functional collaboration and teamwork
- Collaborate well with all other functional areas of the company
- Provide estimates to clients for new proposed work
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or software engineering; Master’s degree preferred
- 8+ years of relevant software engineering experience
- 5+ years of management experience in an engineering environment
- 5+ years of experience in embedded software development
- Demonstrated record of success producing software to control electro-mechanical systems
- Proficient in C/C++/C#
- Critical design analysis and troubleshooting, prediction of failure modes and mitigation
- Project Management certification preferred
bb7 provides a competitive salary, benefits package, and 401(k) options. We offer a culture that values its talented staff members and rewards creativity. We understand that the quality of our staff’s lives is reflected in the quality of their work.
Submit Resumebb7 and its Clients are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, disability, age, membership in an employee organization, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. We participate in E-Verify.