bb7 is looking for a Controls Engineer to work with a client that designs and manufacturers highly complex, custom engineered automation and machinery. This is a direct-hire opportunity located in Waukesha, WI.
- Design, program, integrate, and document industrial control systems
- Program PLCs and design electrical systems for complex, custom automation equipment
- Research, select, integrate and/or invent hardware and software components such as material handling systems, material applications, assembly procedures, robots, grippers, load cells, motion controllers, sensors, safety systems, vision systems, lasers, etc.
- Create detailed schematics, cable routing diagrams, panel layouts, and bills of materials as required for projects
- Work in a team to debug machines
- Go to customer sites to deliver and set-up new machines, provide follow-through
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering preferred, Associate degree considered
- 3-15 years of progressively responsible experience writing PLC software and/or electrical design for automation
- Solid experience using AutoCAD Electrical and AutoCAD
- Strong understanding of hydraulics and pneumatics
- Successful experience troubleshooting equipment during all phases of a project
- Ability to successfully complete technical writing for machine and system documentation
- Must be authorized to work in the US for any employer
bb7 and its Clients are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, disability, age, membership in an employee organization, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. We participate in E-Verify.