bb7 is looking for a highly talented, motivated, and passionate individual to join our medical device client’s software development organization as a Full Stack IoT Software Architect. This individual will be responsible for IoT software architecture and cloud services platform design that underpins the client’s innovative line of medical devices and critical care digital solutions. This is a direct-hire position with our client and requires the selected employee to be onsite at their location in Atlanta. Relocation assistance is available. Visa sponsorship or transfer not provided. The Full Stack IoT Software Architect will report to the Senior Director of Software Development in the Research & Development Department.
This is a hands-on system software architect role that directly contributes to the evaluation and incorporation of technologies into and across the complete IoT stack driving the design, architecture, and development of the client’s cutting edge cloud-connected IoT products, applications, and digital solutions.
The IoT Software Architect will be involved in the complete software development lifecycle, seeing their work evolve from initial concept or idea into a finished product. This will require a high degree of collaboration with highly talented, cross-functional development teams. You will work closely with other development team members, respiratory therapists, and customer engagement team members to understand the business needs and then propose, architect, and develop end-to-end solutions.
- Architect, design, and develop the client’s IoT Platform and Digital Solutions.
- Collaborate with other software, hardware, customer engagement, respiratory therapists, and IT design team members to develop innovative IoT connected products, applications, and digital solutions.
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of software engineering, cloud technologies and data engineering, to define target architectures, patterns, and processes.
- Actively participate in product development by thought leadership, providing/reviewing specifications, risk assessment, cost, and alternative options including supplier evaluation.
- Provide detailed and documented direction input to team members regarding the technical design.
- Establish test-driven development practices for unit, functional, and integration testing to cover code analysis, requirements coverage, and failure scenarios; assess build test, and deploy pipelines and optimize CI/CD processes to simplify release planning, testing integration, and minimize shipped bugs.
- Ensure technical design choices made by software team members deliver robust and scalable production quality mobile applications and web-based services.
- Develop optimized cloud based IoT solutions to minimize cost, maximize performance and scale.
- RESTful API development and integration.
- Optimize data usage over wireless networks for both performance and cost considerations.
- Collaborate with developers to implement best practices for device, application, and cloud services platform security including device/OS vulnerabilities, security controls, code exploits, sensitive data, authentication, and encryption.
- Master’s degree in an engineering discipline. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering is preferred.
- 12+ years of experience. 5+ years in Mobile Applications, Web Services, DevOps, and IoT software development.
- Deep understanding and experience with Cloud (Azure, AWS) platforms, Windows IoT systems/devices, mobile applications (Android, iOS), Web Services, and associated communication protocols.
- Deep understanding of emerging IoT, mobile technologies, and communications protocols.
- Experience and strong knowledge of Android, iOS, and Windows IoT operating systems.
- Expert knowledge of best-practice software engineering methodologies, processes, and technologies with a passion for programming.
- Expert in continuous integration/deployment/orchestration, code repository, and automation tools (Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Jira, Azure Dev Ops).
- Knowledge of cybersecurity requirements in a medical device/hospital environment and experience with vulnerability and penetration testing.
- Experience in secured coding practices including SSL, TLS, encryption, etc.
- Proficient with the following programing languages: C, C++, HTML5, Swift, Java, Kotlin, C#, and .Net.
- Proficient in designing applications and cloud interfaces to interact with Windows IoT communication frameworks.
- Experience with wireless networks including WiFi, Bluetooth Low Energy, and Bluetooth Mesh.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines, while maintaining acute attention to detail.
- Demonstrates versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- This position may provide detailed and documented technical input to software engineers, DevOps engineers, test engineers, and third-party partners/consultants.
bb7 and its Clients are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, disability, age, membership in an employee organization, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. We participate in E-Verify.