bb7 is looking for a Packaging Engineer to work with one of our clients in the Greater Chicago Area. This is a direct-hire position with our consumer products client.
Responsible for providing design, development and analysis of packaging for product and merchandising, including evaluation of existing standard parts. Verifies designs using CAE, manual methods, and functional tests. Designs and performs experiments for verification of analysis and testing. Bringing new packaging concepts and technology to the market while meeting customer requirements under close supervision.
- Participates in core team project meetings to understand design and functional requirements.
- Works on small portions of projects that constitute a portion of a larger project.
- Conducts simple analysis and documents results, making recommendations for improvements.
- Executes experiments designed by more senior engineers and documents results; makes recommendations for improvements based on the test results.
- Gathers data and makes recommendations to immediate team to enhance product functionality and team performance.
- Develops positive relationships with other engineering disciplines and with other functions, such as project management, sales, manufacturing, and marketing to support client needs.
- Uses available tools to analyze and solve problems.
- A 4-year bachelor of science degree in an appropriate engineering discipline from an accredited institution in the U.S. or a comparable foreign university
- 1-3 years of packaging engineering experience
- Good understanding of solid modeling (SolidWorks preferred)
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Design, conceptualization, visualization and creativity
- Time management, prioritization & analytical problem solving
- Ability to perform detail oriented work accurately
- GD&T knowledge an advantage
- Knowledge of tools (TOPPS, ISTA testing, prototyping, etc.) an advantage
- Complies with record-keeping and file sharing conventions
bb7 and its Clients are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, disability, age, membership in an employee organization, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. We participate in E-Verify.