bb7 is looking for an Embedded Software Engineer with a diversity of skills and a passion for new product development in the consumer, medical device, and industrial industries to join our team.
- Technical execution, including programming, testing, debugging, and re-engineering
- Develop software that interacts with devices such as control systems, test equipment, and IoT devices
- Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in software development
- Strong understanding of C
- Understanding of electrical engineering and electrical design issues
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- C++ and Python experience
- Real-time operating systems
- Embedded micro controllers
- Experience with lab test equipment such as oscilloscopes, soldering, DMM’s, etc.
- Version control systems
- LabView software
- Contributor to open source and maker community
bb7 provides a competitive salary, benefits package, and 401(k) options. We offer a culture that values its talented staff members and rewards creativity. We understand that the quality of our staff’s lives is reflected in the quality of their work.
Your Big Idea Just Got Real
bb7 is a comprehensive design and product development firm with a rich history in innovation and testing. The b’s in bb7 come from Bjorksten Labs (founded in 1944) and BIT 7 (founded in 1992), which merged in 2000 to form bb7. Since then we’ve united pioneering research with excellence in engineering and design, testing and product commercialization.
bb7 believes in a comprehensive, holistic approach to product development. That’s why we have so many capabilities under one roof (research, design, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, systems engineering, software development, prototyping, product/material testing, and commercialization.) Our teams have worked on subatomic particle research equipment in Antarctica, integrated Nobel Prize-winning technology into a medical device, and transformed a major consumer category with disruptive new technology.
apply herebb7 and its Clients are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, disability, age, membership in an employee organization, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. We participate in E-Verify.