bb7 is looking to add a Sr. Project Manager (Medical Device) to our team in Madison, WI. The Sr. Project Manager will be responsible for meeting with clients, writing proposals, and keeping projects on time and within budget.
- Managing many diverse product development projects, from initial presentation of technical capabilities to prospective clients through formal presentation of results
- Planning, estimating, scheduling, conducting, and coordinating the technical and management aspects of projects.
- Successful completion of consumer electronics projects on-time and within the proposed budget
- Review and take responsibility for project documentation, as needed, for assigned projects prior to release to our clients
- Develop, communicate, and implement various strategies and corrective actions to keep progress on target
- Ensure all project level risks are identified and correctly managed
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required (Mechanical or Electrical preferred)
- 8+ years of experience managing projects and cross-functional teams, writing proposals, and planning/scheduling/budgeting projects; 10+ years of experience preferred
- 5+ years of experience working in a multidisciplinary, fast-paced, team-based environment including experience managing cross-functional project teams (mechanical and electrical engineering, industrial design, test engineering, etc.)
- Experience with medical device design and manufacturing, international safety standards (IEC, UL, CSA, RoHS, REACH, WEEE, JIS), and transitioning product designs to Chinese manufacturing a plus
- Experience utilizing project management software (e.g., MS Project)
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to thoughtfully articulate and present technical ideas in formal and informal settings
- Highly motivated self-starter, able to manage multiple priorities
bb7 provides a competitive salary, benefits package, and 401(k) options. We offer a culture that values its talented staff members and rewards creativity. We understand that the quality of our staff’s lives is reflected in the quality of their work.
Your Big Idea Just Got Real
bb7 is a comprehensive design and product development firm with a rich history in innovation and testing. The b’s in bb7 come from Bjorksten Labs (founded in 1944) and BIT 7 (founded in 1992), which merged in 2000 to form bb7. Since then we’ve united pioneering research with excellence in engineering and design, testing and product commercialization.
bb7 believes in a comprehensive, holistic approach to product development. That’s why we have so many capabilities under one roof (research, design, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, systems engineering, software development, prototyping, product/material testing, and commercialization.) Our teams have worked on subatomic particle research equipment in Antarctica, integrated Nobel Prize-winning technology into a medical device, and transformed a major consumer category with disruptive new technology.
bb7 and its Clients are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, disability, age, membership in an employee organization, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. We participate in E-Verify.